An different online group I belong to swear by an APP called Trello for Business. I’m not yet convinced. I tried setting it up — you can break down each item into multiple parts and check things off as you go — but it seemed like it would be very time consuming. (Maybe that’s just me or maybe that’s just the learning curve for using a new APP.)
For instance, through Trello, if I were working on a news feature, I could create a card and list all the steps which would look something like this:
- Story assignment < Due date (Tomorrow)
- Call and arrange interview with person No. 1
- Call and arrange interview with person No. 2
- Do interview No. 1
- Do interview No. 2
- Check social media/news outlets for any last minute developments. (If needed)
- Write up the story.
- Send file to my editor.
- Wait for revisions.
- Revise accordingly; repeat section as needed.
Interesting …. I never realized there are so many steps when I sit down to write an article. (I sort of do this automatically and never break it down; maybe I need Trello after all!)
Bottom line is , if anyone has suggestion that work for them, I’d love to hear them. Feel free to email me directly or comment below.
In the meantime, have a great weekend!